Competition Format and Rules
- Heats will be held at major gaming and popular culture events across the country. See the HEATS page for details.
- Whilst entry to the tournament is free, contestants must have purchased a general show ticket for the event where the heat is being held.
- Contestants must sign-up in person on the day of the event and obtain a unique entrant number.
- Each event will include tournaments on up to five Classic Gaming Championship qualifying disciplines:
- Discipline tournaments will be held at each heat, however some events may only feature a selection of the disciplines listed above.
- Knockout tournaments will be held in each selected discipline until one Discipline Champion is crowned per day in each category.
- You are able to enter any (or all) of the disciplines on any of the days that the heat runs for.
- The winner of each individual discipline will be entered into the CGC National Discipline Finals at Play Expo in Manchester on Saturday 8th October 2015.
National Discipline Finals
- Held at Play Expo in Manchester on Saturday 8th October 2015.
- The Discipline champions from each heat will compete in knockout tournaments for their respective discipline until we crown a National Discipline Champion for each category.
CGC Grand Final
- Held at Play Expo in Manchester on Sunday 9th October 2015.
- The five National Discipline Champions will then compete in a leader board style tournament between across a wide range of games
- At the end of the tournament, the contestant at the top of the overall leaderboard will be crowned the overall 2015 CGC champion.
- All Local Discipline Champions will receive 2 weekend passes to Play Expo at EventCity in Manchester on 8/9 October.
- All National Discipline Champions will receive a bespoke bronze CGC medal
- The CGC Grand Final runner-up will receive a bespoke silver CGC medal
- The winner of the Grand Final will receive a bespoke gold CGC Champions medal.
- Further prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the event organisers and sponsors.